[Magdalen] My own Leaving...

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Tue Jan 26 00:29:08 UTC 2016

On 25/01/2016 22:51, Clarissa Canning wrote:
> I still think our little parish should have had a good bye do for Michael.

I have left posts before with no official farewell.  I officially
retired from my last parish and there was a farewell which I had timed
to coincide with the parish's 125th anniversary.  The one before I took
the Easter services before my Licence expired and went home to register
as unemployed.  I thought I had somewhere to go to but this had not been
officially confirmed.  It is hard but that is sometimes what happens to
those who seek to be faithful to the one who called us to his service.
We have to live with it and move on, trusting in God to accept our
suffering for his sake.

Roger