[Magdalen] Lutheran-Catholic Concordat.

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Mon Jan 25 15:46:17 UTC 2016

 >Church splitting can be fissiparous - we've donbe it once so wht not
again?  You can see that to an extent with the alphabet soup that is the
 >"Continuing Church" oh Anglicanism.  Groups agree that they don't like
what's going on in the main Church so split off, then discover they
don'tt >have a common positive platform on which they agree.

My favorite are some of the Dutch/Christian Reformed Churches, where
"The Reformed Church" morphed into "First Reformed" and "Second
Reformed" and on down the ladder -- most of them not quite viable in the
longer run, so visiting some of those cities you'll note there's a First
Reformed" and a "Tenth Reformed" and an "Eighteenth Reformed" but not
numbers represented between them as they've all long-closed.

Nowadays, in the U.S., that embarrassment has been solved
by"Non-Denominational" churches which are quite popular because they
have no memorials to revered but long-dead members, no "We've Never do
it That Way" and Pastors paid on performance and growth.

Cheers,
Jim Guthrie