[Magdalen] Vanity plates

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 05:47:58 UTC 2016

Virginia, as I have remarked on previous occasions, is the capital of
the vanity plate. This often produces some amusing  ones, as for instance a
couple I have recently seen on Smart
cars (which I have my doubts about the smartness of, but anyway...). I was
behind one awhile back which had a plate reading "TARDIS 2".  That was
funny enough, but today we were walking through a parking lot and saw one
with plate (not even a vanity plate!) that began "MRE". We looked at each
other and started laughing and S/O began speculating on what kind of MRE it
might contain, while I suggested that perhaps the other 4 letters should
just have been "INSD".