[Magdalen] Images and words about Mary

Sibyl Smirl polycarpa3 at ckt.net
Sun Jan 31 23:50:18 UTC 2016

Oh, my, you know so much, to dismiss the Protevangelium of James as
nothing of any consequence, a writing on which the RCC bases so many of
its traditions, and which predates some of the canonically Inspired
books, not to mention all the other ancient documents.  "Ernestine and
Ernest" have no Hebraic roots at all, while Miriam and Yusuf go back
even farther than Moses' sister and the progenitor of the two half-tribes.

You know something?  I know the names of quite a few people who lived
and did their living 150 years ago.  I even know, at third-hand, but
reliably, what my great-grandfather said when he was first told that
Abraham Lincoln had been shot.  One of his children was near enough to
hear the exchange with the neighbor who stopped by with the news, and
told their siblings, because it was so shocking, and one of the sisters
told my aunt, her niece, and my aunt told me.  That's really not such a
long time for people to know things reliably, even if they weren't
written down in other places.

--
Sibyl Smirl
mailto:polycarpa3 at ckt.net