[Magdalen] Oh my!

Joseph Cirou romanos at mindspring.com
Mon Jul 4 18:40:47 UTC 2016

-----Original Message-----

My mother mentioned de temps en temps that she didn't have pierced ears as many other women did have at the time. I never thought it unusual. If my fairly conservative (style wise)
mother just thought it a conversation piece I never thought pierces ears particularly unusual and certainly no value judgment was attached to it.

My father did not keep his opinions to himself. I never heard him mention it.

To be body piercing depends on the individual--basically how it looks. On some it looks fine; on others it does not.

I have never understood the piercing of male private parts. That and tattoos are just too painful for me to imagine. Chacun a son gout (Prince Orlofsky)

I think it looks better on people who have been using body piercings for centuries and have the accompanying jewelry, scarves, gowns, and complexion.

Not too many of our sisters(either sex) have body piercings

Joe