[Magdalen] Oh my!

Lynn Ronkainen houstonklr at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 18:47:09 UTC 2016

My dad who grew up in several small MN towns forbade me from getting my ears pierced while recounting stories of little Italian girls he knew in childhood whose parents pierced their ears by supposedly numbing the ear lobes by cutting a small potato in half and brusquely rubbing the lobe in between then piercing it with a threaded needle by stabbing the needle through the ear into the potato half behind it. The thread would remain and be occasionally moved back and forth until it healed and then little gold hoops worn. This process seemed far removed from my friends who got their ears pierced at annual doc visit LOL. I got my ears pierced the night before heading off to college by the doctor dad of a good friend. Parents noticed it a few days into Thanksgiving break ...
Lynn

Sent from my iPhone