[Magdalen] Dubious local tradition

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 15:03:22 UTC 2016

Anyone driving in the Loop or Magnificent Mile is advised to drive
with car doors locked (good thing many cars lock themselves now once
they're under way), as even in broad daylight there are thieves who
simply step up, open a door, and rob.

Worse things, of course, happen to those walking most streets (and
especially alleys) after midnight. Tourists should plan to take a cab
back to their hotel if they're out late.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA