[Magdalen] On and On it Goes.

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Thu Jul 7 23:14:31 UTC 2016

On 07/07/2016 15:20, Sally Davies wrote:
> I'm thinking the same thing about the UK, watching that "snake in the
> grass" Michael Gove on TV and thinking - really - is THIS the best we can
> do? A pox on the lot of them...

Thankfully Gove is now out of the running to be our next Prime
Minister.  He was eliminated today as the list of candidates was reduced
to two - both female.  The vote now goes to the Conservative Party
members and the result is due about 8 September. What I think about
Michael Gove is not fit for this list.  Supercilious is perhaps the
least offensive adjective I can apply to him.

On the other side of the chamber Corbyn does not have the respect, never
mind the support, of the majority of MPs in his Party. He may well face
an official challenge and opinions differ as to whether or not he needs
the support of a certain number of Members of either the UK or the
European Parliament to stand in that event. We need a creduble
alternative government for the sake of democracy and I do not believe
Corbyn is capable of offering that.

Given the Chilcot Inquiry's obserbation that Bush persuaded Blair to
support the invasion of Iraq when not all peaceful options had been
exhausted, and where the evidence to support it was suspect, I wonder if
the same scenario would have applied with women heading the governments
both sides of the pond.

Roger