[Magdalen] Prayer request: job security

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Fri Jul 8 03:50:07 UTC 2016

In a message dated 7/7/2016 11:37:45 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
houstonklr at gmail.com writes:

Friends,  I'd like to ask for prayers for my job security especially
through next  Monday >>>>>>>>>

And you have them.

You wouldn't think there would be job insecurity in the medical  profession,
but there can be.  I know because I went through a period of this  in
Wisconsin when I was discharged without explanation from the clinic
where I had worked for 20 years.  During much of that time I was  the
"highest producer" (had the biggest practice) of a 60 physician  group,
and had utterly no history of any problems.  My contract specified  that
the clinic authorities were not under obligation to tell me what
precipitated
their action.

Secondary to friends who were privy to the inner clinic management,
I found out the reason which I had suspected:  They discovered I  was
gay.

Wisconsin had in place an antidiscrimination law on the basis of  sexual
orientation at that time.  However taking the clinic to court was  going to
be a very difficult business, and I had no taste for it.  Instead I  went
work with an organization with a written policy of  antidiscrimination on
the
basis of sexual orientation:  The USVA.  That was why I ended up  in
Pennsylvania, and now 30 years+ later, it's all history.

David S.