[Magdalen] AC of C General Synod GS2016

Marion Thompson marionwhitevale at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 21:42:37 UTC 2016

Thanks, Kristin,

Fred Hiltz followed it with an equally powerful Primatial message this
morning.  Then Michael Curry spoke to us all too briefly, another
emotional zinger.  Gosh, he's good.  We in Canada and you in the USA are
truly blessed by their leadership and palpable friendship.    If either
of these addresses or both are live or at least readable, go for it!
Both are remarkable preachers from the heart!

A very long report from the Episcopal Church in Cuba in Spanish and
translated rather cooled my emotional state, but overall I really am
feeling the pressure.   In about an hour after a quick dinner we will
give our full attention to the Marriage Canon, but the vote will be Monday.

This afternoon I picked up from Integrity a prayer cloth, a little
knitted square in various stitches to give texture.  These were produced
in record time by parishioners at several Toronto churches.  Mine has
the little note with it:

Grace Church Scarborough made this prayer cloth for you and is praying
for you.  General Synod is a powerful experience.  There are times when
it is exciting, joyful and emotionally moving. There are other times
when it is challenging, overwhelming, even painful  Hold your prayer
cloth in those moment to remember God is with you and you are not
alone.  This prayer cloth was knit for you with prayers for the fruits
of the Spirit. Galatian 5:22

Marion, a pilgrim