[Magdalen] End of Season.

Mahoney, W. Michael wmmah at stoneledge.net
Sat Jul 9 17:20:38 UTC 2016

On Sat, Jul 9, 2016 at 11:51 AM, Cantor03--- via Magdalen <
magdalen at herberthouse.org> wrote:

> The current issue of the USA monthly, "Architectural Record," details  the
> sad closure of the famed Four Seasons Restaurant in the landmark  Seagram
> building in midtown Manhattan.  The restaurant will move elsewhere,  but it
> won't be the same.

Just two weeks ago, our local theater troupe staged a stunning performance
of the Toni winning play, *Red*.

It is a semi-fictional account of the period of Mark Rothko's life when he
was painting murals for the Seagram Building, as commissioned by Philip
Johnson and Mies van der Rohe.  He eventually rejects the commission and
returns his rather substantial fee.  He does this after going to dinner at
the Four Seasons.

Mike M.