[Magdalen] pondering politics

Sally Davies sally.davies at gmail.com
Sun Jul 10 17:42:08 UTC 2016

I am watching an insert about baby abandonment in SA. We actually have
"baby bins" into which newborns can be dumped. An alarm will trigger and
the infant rescued asap.

http://doorofhope.co.za

We have statefunded abortion but under 18s cannot access without a parent.
It is all so complex and difficult...

As a psychologist I believe that personhood and brain development are
linked but other factors are relevant too. Personhood requires more than a
full set of chromosomes and temporary tenant rights in someone elses
uterus...The law has to draw the line somewhere to prevent late abortions
and to protect the dignity of people with disabilities.

As the wife of a man who could, just a few years later, have been aborted,
I want to honour those who seek to preserve unborn infant life and who make
personal sacrifices to do so. That does not mean trying to force others to
change what they quite reasonably believe regarding unborn human life, let
alone conform under penalty to partisan demands.

Sally D