[Magdalen] pondering politics

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Sun Jul 10 22:18:53 UTC 2016

I gather that these are called "Save Haven" laws; they do have rules
that must be followed; if there's any evidence of abuse of the child,
the privilege of anonymity and immunity is revoked and the mother can
be charged. Also, there's a short time during which the mother can
change her mind. I don't know how they keep anonymity...perhaps with
an agreed special code or name to keep the baby paired with the mother
in the records until the changed-my-mind period is over and the baby
is fully into the care system.

I'm glad this exists, but it's still very sad to read about these
situations. Must be extraordinarily traumatic and possibly sad for the
mother, or a tremendous relief.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA