[Magdalen] "Poor Little Old Rhode Island."

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Mon Jul 11 15:13:39 UTC 2016

On Mon,  Jul 11, 2016 at 9:25 AM, Scott Knitter  <scottknitter at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I'm "way over" the TV  cartoon The Family Guy, but I think it is full
> of what's supposed to  be a Rhode Island  accent.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

With my interest in the "classical" state capitol buildings, I made  the
trec at the height of the autumn leaves a few years ago, to see the
nice Capitol of Rhode Island.  It was a very memorable trip because
the landscape is very attractive, and even more so with the autumn
colors.  The RI Capitol, though just a bit on the small size  (appropriate
for a small state), is very handsome, and the four peripheral cupolas
are unique among USA state capitols.  They were originally planned  for
Wisconsin's Capitol, but four gigantic sculptural groupings were  chosen
instead.

In any case, over a couple of days I got my ears full of the RI  accent.

David S.