[Magdalen] pondering politics

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Mon Jul 11 21:56:45 UTC 2016

On 11/07/2016 21:30, Mahoney, W. Michael wrote:
> Many non-profits, including churches, regularly deal with "designated
> income". The leaders would rather have un-designated income, of
> course, but they learn to deal the situation. Mike M.

The best example of that I have come across was a bequest from a
spinster of the parish.  She was devoted to the proper case of the
sanctuary (used in the British sense of the area round the altar rather
than all the worship space) imcluding cleaning the tiles with milk.  The
bequest was for the upkeep of the sanctuary at a time when the church
wanted a new heating system.  One of the radiators was placed just
within the designated area to be able to draw on the bequest but also
contribute to the heating of the rest of the church.

Roger