[Magdalen] Veterinary Update.

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 03:13:24 UTC 2016

If the procedure you had before was several years ago, then a good part of
the increase is just plain old inflation.

We have always done whatever needed to be done, and our vet at the time was
saying at one time he knew that if they asked us to bring a cat out there
every day for a procedure, we would do it. That got him talking about
others who balked at basic care for their animals such as worm
prophylactics. He said he had taken over a practice from a doctor in
another location, and people sometimes griped about expenses. He finally
told one customer, "You know old Doc Phillips, who used to run this
practice? Well, he's now living in a trailer. And it's YOUR fault."
Expenses have to be paid. It's just not negotiable.
People complain they can't afford x y and z for their companion animal.
When you know if it were their kid, or their spouse, they sure would find a
way.  Vets generally offer ways to pay big bills in installments. In some
cases, they will refer to another vet they know is charging less.

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford