[Magdalen] Today, PCP appt.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Thu Jul 14 14:03:46 UTC 2016

In a message dated 7/14/2016 9:44:25 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jay.weigel at gmail.com writes:

Don't  even get me started on what I think about  statins.>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Yes, certainly there can be complications especially in persons  taking
multiple drugs.  However, the statins are modern wonder drugs and  new
benefits from them are continually found, especially for diabetics.

In my own case, I've taken simvastatin for 25 years (starting back in  the
day when it was an expensive patented medication), and it has kept my
lipids at normal levels for all those years.  I credit much of my  clear
cardiac catheterization 18 months ago to this drug.

Combine simvastatin with an aspirin a day, and you have a dynamic
duo that goes a long way to overcome my own family's cardiovascular
genetic problems.

David Strang.