[Magdalen] Prayer request

Sibyl Smirl polycarpa3 at ckt.net
Fri Jul 15 18:14:06 UTC 2016

I will pray (God knows what I mean: I have faith in that).

I pray that somebody will say the right things, but I'm an Aspie myself,
and that's the problem with the Syndrome: communications.  I almost
never say the right things, and when I occasionally get it right, I'm
copying somebody, not coming up with them myself.  IOW, I don't have a
clue what the right things would be, myself, even having some mental
wiring in common with the kid.  Even when we _hear_ the right things
with our ears, our brains interpret them a bit differently than
neurotypical brains might.

On 7/15/16 12:44 PM, James Oppenheimer-Crawford wrote:
> A group of kids were playing on the lake where my brother lives, and one of
> them fell in, and he drowned.
>
> One of the group, Ben, has asperger's syndrome and is devastated.  Please
> pray for the right people to say the right things to help this young man to
> find healing.
>
> Also, I'm sure the entire region is terribly upset over this accident, so
> they all really need prayers.
>
> I also rely on this group to exercise discretion and not mention the boy's
> name at all beyond this group.  I'm sure the matter is in the news. Please,
> please do not try to read the news and connect the dots, folks. I'm over
> the line in mentioning the name at all, but I hope I can count on your
> discretion.
>
> James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford

Sibyl Smirl
mailto:polycarpa3 at ckt.net