[Magdalen] Texting?

Kristin Rollins kristin at verumsolum.com
Wed Jul 20 19:35:27 UTC 2016

I'll take a slightly contrarian view here. One size does not fit all.
For Heather and I, many of our most important conversations need to
start in a text format. Otherwise, we sometimes are so afraid of saying
the wrong thing that we can't get what needs to be said out. We're
intentional about it, and 99% of the time, we do it while we are both in
the same room, which helps with taking the emotional temperature and
clarifying misunderstandings before they become too large.

And, at some point, we will have relaxed and can begin to communicate
with our voices. I don't know how much of this is who she and I are, or
how much of this was the months of long-distance communication we
shared, but text communication seems to be the best way we have found to
begin those conversations with each other that risk becoming more
emotional than productive.

Kristin

--
  Kristin Rollins