[Magdalen] Texting?

Marion Thompson marionwhitevale at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 20:07:05 UTC 2016

Our best communication was daily letters when we were miles apart (a
year in the early days).  Under the same roof simply didn't work for
whatever reason.  He couldn't say and I couldn't say. Outside the moment
when I was told we were over and he'd bought a house elsewhere, we
discussed nothing meaningful, not before that nor in the four years
since.  Paradoxically we're on good terms at our usual arm's length.
All unpleasantness at that time was expressed to our lawyers, not to
each other, and so we were able to continue in that as before and
continue to do so.  He is in England at the moment and I went to get
more boxes of my books out of his shed and watered his plants and
reported back that all was well with his house.  It's unfathomable to
many, but it's a better way to be.  Sometimes breaks my heart, but there
you go.  Talk about avoidance, eh?

I salute those who find a positive way, their positive way, through the
maze!

Marion, a pilgrim