[Magdalen] Texting?

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Wed Jul 20 20:56:22 UTC 2016

On 20/07/2016 19:42, Jon Egger wrote:
> I've texted Dawn from one end of the living room to the other.  Her
> response was a well-placed pillow salvo.

Jon, I don't laugh often but that elicited a chickle :-)  Joan and I
would sometimes email but we were on different floors of the house and a
vocal message would require shouting.  I did have a disabled parishioner
who apparently argued with his mother, I believe in the same room, by
text until the battery died. As Kristin has suggested someyimes an
electronic message can be a good way to start a potentially difficult
conversation since it does not have to be responded to instantly with no
time to choose the right words.

Roger