[Magdalen] R.I.P. Doug Sexton--I can't believe this!

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 23:28:07 UTC 2016

I have just learned that Doug Sexton, who was one of Adam's favorite soccer
coaches when he was about 10, and was also Boogie's first basketball coach,
has died. Doug was one of the youngest AYSO coaches at the time he coached
Adam's team, and his enthusiasm was just infectious. All the kids loved
him. From what Betsy tells me, he was the same when he coached Boogie's
Upward basketball team. He was an enthusiastic Christian of the evangelical
type, but he wasn't obnoxious about it, it was just part of him. I have no
idea what happened, but he was only 48, so the usual guesses at that age
are cancer, accident, or heart attack. His obituary gave no clue. He leaves
a wife and 6(!) children. Also, undoubtedly, a host of kids he's coached in
different sports who will remember him fondly.