[Magdalen] How?

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Thu Jul 21 04:49:47 UTC 2016

In a message dated 7/20/2016 7:23:44 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
mjl at ix.netcom.com writes:

>>>I have now been introduced to their flat-bread  sandwiches which I
prefer.  The standard sub has too much bread for  my liking. Itleaves me
feeling bloated.<<<

I too prefer  less bread, but I find the flatbread too dense for my liking,
and unless one  likes dense, chewy bread one must have it toasted, and I'm
seldom interested  in a hot  sandwich.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I was interested to experience the open faced sandwiches that are so
popular in Denmark, and to a lesser extent the rest of the  Scandinavian
countries.  I expected the Danish pastry, but not the delicious  sandwiches.

And on the subject of Scandinavian cookery, my mother, a  "professional"
Norwegian, was so nauseated by the variety of foods, especially the  fish
in Norwegian restaurants for breakfast, that she just ordered up room
service for toast and coffee while in Norway.

David S.