[Magdalen] Just canceled landline.

F von Prondzynski F.von-Prondzynski at rgu.ac.uk
Fri Jul 22 19:39:41 UTC 2016

> Is there still a non-cable TV reality in Britain (analog antenna, what we
> over here called [call?; does it still exist in some places?; went away here
> years ago] "rabbit ears")?

‘Rabbit ears’ antennae were never really much of a thing in the British Isles. Rather there would be a rooftop aerial which would, until relatively recently, have got you 5 or 6 channels.

Nowadays an aerial of that kind will get you a fairly large number of free-to-view channels, including the BBC and ITV. Many others have satellite TV, mostly provided by Rupert Murdoch’s Sky, with a large number of channels (including BBC etc.). A smaller number of subscribers have cable TV, usually in a select number of cities.

Ferdinand