[Magdalen] Hot in church tomorrow?

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 17:14:46 UTC 2016

Our recorder orchestra had one descant, which reminded me of a class many
moons ago when the instructor asked the descants (which we Americans call
sopranos) to play a unison, and then winced in agony when they sort of
tried to comply.  He said, "There is a riddle: How do you get two sopranos
to play in tune?  The answer is to shoot one."

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford