[Magdalen] Computer help

P. Dan Brittain pdan.brittain at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 18:53:42 UTC 2016

On Wed, Jul 27, 2016 at 1:28 PM, Scott Knitter <scottknitter at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Windows 10 is not so different from Windows 7. It's not like the
> difference between 7 and 8.
>
> I like it, and I admit I'm a little compulsive about keeping to the
> latest versions of systems and apps, mainly for security reasons but
> also because I like shiny new things (and products being well
> supported by the company that made them).

Don't mind the program itself so much as I do the learning curve for one
entering autumnal years.

I think the problem on Sibelius is the codes are now set up for its new
version which is a monthly subscription. As I paid full price, I am not
interested in a monthly pay.

> On Wed, Jul 27, 2016 at 1:21 PM, Grace Cangialosi <gracecan at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Well, I keep getting reminders that I can only install Win10 for free
> until the 29th. I don't want it, but I didn't think they would just go
> ahead and install it anyway...

My windows 7 computer gave me the choice and I declined.

My win 8 laptop did it on its own.