[Magdalen] Dem convention

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 18:54:17 UTC 2016

As for the presidential race, I really hope Hillary Clinton's campaign
can (and wants to) take the role of the one who's serious about the
issues and talks mostly about them, rather than attacking her
opponent, however attackable he may be. I'm sure there's a certain
need to answer attacks from him, but attacking shouldn't be the
default mode in her advertising (and need not be, IMO).

That may be my idealism talking. And my being sick of Illinois
political ads, which invariably start with grainy, unflattering
footage of the opponent looking fearful or frowny, followed by sunny,
colorful footage of the crisply dressed candidate and his or her
beautiful family, or out among the deliriously happy supporters.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA