[Magdalen] Dem convention

F von Prondzynski F.von-Prondzynski at rgu.ac.uk
Thu Jul 28 19:17:41 UTC 2016

Scott wrote:

> As for the presidential race, I really hope Hillary Clinton's campaign
> can (and wants to) take the role of the one who's serious about the
> issues and talks mostly about them, rather than attacking her
> opponent, however attackable he may be. I'm sure there's a certain
> need to answer attacks from him, but attacking shouldn't be the
> default mode in her advertising (and need not be, IMO).

I guess I don’t have a dog in this race (though we’re all going to be affected), but I know Hillary and want her to win – and agree with Scott in relation to his key point. However, while I absolutely think Hillary should be optimistic and focus on the issues, *someone* needs to point out the absurdities of Trump’s platform, and the almost immeasurable dangers we would face were he to win. This, as Obama said yesterday, is not an ordinary election.

We don’t need to mention his hair however. Or not much.

Ferdinand