[Magdalen] Dem convention

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 00:57:00 UTC 2016

I opened the new Republican Party Platform to find that it starts with
American exceptionalism, which says to me that this is seen as the
basis for everything else: that the USA is a special nation given
special gifts to be an exceptional force in the world.

While we may be the top of the heap in various things, more than ever
we need to see ourselves as a colleague of all other world nations.
We've got our gifts, resources, strengths and weaknesses, customs,
preferences, and troubles, so does each of the other nations on the
planet.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA