[Magdalen] Dem convention

Marion Thompson marionwhitevale at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 14:16:23 UTC 2016

Timing is everything in life.  A friend from my school days arrived on
Wednesday and I will hand her over to her relatives at lunchtime today.
She got off the GO train talking and has talked non-stop ever since.  I
nearly went mad because, although I had the TV on, she talked through
all the speeches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Not that she wasn't
interested overall, but this isn't the time to tell me about the inner
politics of her church or a continuation of her considerable medical
woes.  I did manage Obama (mostly) and Hillary, but the lead-up speakers
were pretty much lost.  By last night I had the wit to record the
proceedings, but listening to them properly after the fact won't be the
same.  That is all.  I do recognize the needs and ways of a person who
has lived alone all her adult life and we did have some real
heart-to-heart time about our lives, but it was a trial nonetheless and
I was often quite rudely distracted by what was on the screen.

Father, forgive me for I have sinned.

Marion, a pilgrim