[Magdalen] Corporate Speak, was Whither to lie and to lay?

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 16:18:34 UTC 2016

At one time the Diocese of East Tennessee had a bishop who was much-loved
but was known for being long-winded. One of the games among the clergy at
diocesan convention was a betting pool as to how long he would speak, with
the winner actually being announced. Apparently the bishop got as much fun
out of it as they did.