[Magdalen] Hate to think about the bill

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Fri Jul 29 16:51:51 UTC 2016

On 29/07/2016 16:01, Charles Wohlers wrote:

> They've probably told you something of your expected progress. You'll
> have the brace on, completely straight, for a week or so, and then
> they'll let you gradually bend it more and more. You'll likely be
> "mostly" all better in maybe 4 months. I forget how long it was before
> I was able to drive - a few weeks, anyway. I was able to travel just
> ten days or so after surgery, however, to my m-in-l's burial in
> Florida. Only difficulty was obtaining airplane seating where you
> could stretch you leg out straight.
>
> So, be prepared for lots of physical therapy and exercises at home.
> But you will get completely better - it'll just take awhile.

Chad,

Thanks for your encouraging words.  I have been told to expect to be
rigid for 4-6 weeks and my first outpatienr appointment will be after 2
weeks, so there certainly won't be any flexing until after then.  I will
probably walk to those assuming I quickly gain confidence outside on my
crutches but the physio appointmenrs are further away so I will use the
bus for them.

Roger