[Magdalen] Third holiest Christian pilgrimage site?

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sat Jul 30 15:50:15 UTC 2016

In a message dated 7/30/2016 11:38:31 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jay.weigel at gmail.com writes:

An  acquaintance of mine (he drove the delivery truck for our online
grocery
for the first year we subscribed) did the Santiago pilgrimage a  couple of
years ago. He is neither Catholic nor particularly religious and  did it
more as a "spiritual hike" (his words) than anything else, but he  said it
was amazing. He has since left the company and embarked on a  similar
"spiritual hike", though much longer, of the Appalachian trail,  which he
began in  March.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

A much simpler version can happen by quietly tracing the labyrinths  of
some of the medieval cathedrals.  I've walked the labyrinth at  Chartres,
one of the most famous, and can vouch for the spiritual  transcendence.

Oddly, the clergy at Chartres have often taken a dim view of their
labyrinth, and regularly make them inaccessible by placing chairs
over them.

At Chartres, the combination of the acres of medieval stained glass
diffusing light down over the pattern tremendously heightens the  effect.

David S.