[Magdalen] More USA Today.

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 16:45:55 UTC 2016

At one time in my youth, I dated a guy who was a rising star in local
Democratic politics in Dane County, WI. He later became the county sheriff,
but was about as far from your concept of "traditional LEO" as you can
imagine. Anyway, I got to know a lot of both elected officials and local
and state functionaries through him. It was an interesting time. I had met
some of these people previously because one of my best friends in
elementary school was the daughter of a woman who was a tireless worker in
the state and local Democratic Party and her parents and mine became good
friends. Also I met a few on the other side because our neighbor across the
street was an official in the Republican state administration for many
years.