[Magdalen] Most "Evangelicals"...

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sun Jun 12 19:40:53 UTC 2016

In a message dated 6/12/2016 2:56:41 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com writes:

Not far  away is a bust of Glenn Miller
in a niche on the outside wall of the Corn  Exchange recalling the
concerts he played there before his final flight  from an airfield just
outside the  town.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

PBS Television is in the midst of a seemingly endless beg-a-thon.
Last night I caught a tantalizing rather lengthy segment on the "Big  Band"
era.  All the big bands were featured in video form including Glenn  Miller
and band.

I was not surprised that I knew the words to most songs played, and
put in an hour or more of pure nostalgia.  I'm prejudiced, of  course,
but the quality of music is IMHO much superior to today's stuff.

David Strang.