[Magdalen] Most "Evangelicals"...

Charles Wohlers charles.wohlers at verizon.net
Sun Jun 12 03:21:58 UTC 2016

Yes indeedy! Asa Packer founded Lehigh in 1865. I believe he also founded
the Lehigh RR. Both are named after the river, of course. I'm not surprised
that he funded the building of an Episcopal church - the university chaplain
has always been Episcopalian, with a very nice chapel, and at one time one
of the smaller buildings, Lambert Hall, housed Episcopal seminarians (or
pre-seminarians?). In my day it had the foreign language depts.

And, just to confuse things, the Engineering Bldg. was Packard Hall, and had
the very first Packard in a glass case in the entryway.

Chad Wohlers
BS Chem., Lehigh Univ., 1969
Woodbury, VT USA
chadwohl at satucket.com