[Magdalen] High speed internet IS a utility - Court of appeals rules!

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 12:54:57 UTC 2016

Don't know about Virginia, but hereabouts "utilities" are subject to
regulation. Mayors and Attorneys general have been known to pressure
utilities re: service areas & pricing. Not so for "services."

We are always suspicious regarding cable areas. Some parts of the city have
only RCN, others Comcast. We have Verizon but not FIOS. Direct TV is
forbidden most places. City Hall seems to determine these areas, and we
suspect corruption/bribery. One of the reasons I refuse to get cable.

It's a brave-new-make-a-buck world.
-M