[Magdalen] cisgender???

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Wed Jun 15 18:05:37 UTC 2016

In a message dated 6/15/2016 11:32:28 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us writes:

an  equivalent word such as  "cisgender">>>>>>>

Curious. Since this is supposed to be of Latin origin, is the
best pronunciation of the "cis"in the general italianate Latin,  "Chis?"

I have rule of thumb in scientific (especially botanical) nomenclature,  to
use the Italianate Latin pronunciation.  Otherwise this area can  be
chaotic.  My only exception is in naming my favorite tree genus,  Pinus,
which in Italianate Latin is..........you can guess what.

David Strang.