[Magdalen] pondering politics

Lynn Ronkainen houstonklr at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 19:42:59 UTC 2016

David S> Ponder me, essentially a Yellow Dog Democrat, getting a call this
morning
> from the "Tea Party!"  Where do they get these telephone  lists?

Church?

I was very put off last year about this time when I received a letter and
donation-seeking promotional material from a lawyer who attends my church
(the Episcopal Cathedral in downtown Houston) and is a highly respected,
high profile Houston person about town AND running in the primary for Mayor
of Houston.  I do not live in the voting area for mayoral voting in Houston,
yet this letter was clearly assuming that I did, AND I don't even know the
man. I think he used our parish phone book as a mailing list - there is NO
other way I would have received this. Shame on him. : (

Lynn

website: www.ichthysdesigns.com

attributed to Erma Bombeck
by Richard Rohr