[Magdalen] pondering politics

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 19:52:54 UTC 2016

I think the GOP convention could look very much like a reprise of the 1968
Chicago Democratic convention, complete with street riots pitting pro- and
anti-Trump forces against one another, plus assorted generally anti-GOP
forces, plus the Cleveland cops with their tactical machinery, but absent
any political bosses such as Richard J. Daley Sr. or really any strong
leaders (for my money both Ryan and Reince Priebus are wimps). It could
either be a bloody mess or low comedy, but it might actually be worth
watching for once.

The Democrats will manage to sort themselves out so as NOT to look like the
other party, IMNSHO.

My $.02