[Magdalen] Black Fingers

Susan Hagen susanvhagen at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 00:00:49 UTC 2016

I just finished pitting 2.5 pounds of dark sweet cherries and my
fingers are a gruesome color.  It does not wash off, even with Lava
soap.  I feel like Morticia Adams.

I am making Cherry Ketchup in anticipation of my friend's visit next
weekend.  She has ulcerative colitis with many food sensitivities,
among them tomatoes and peppers.  I want to barbecue for the 4th of
July and found this recipe.  It is a sort of fruit chutney with
cherries and sweet spices - ginger, cinnamon, cloves and lemon, honey
and vinegar.  It is supposed to be like a barbecue sauce.  I think it
will taste good whether or not it is a replacement for a tomato based
sauce.  Still, I think it's going to take a few days for my hands to
return to normal.

She can't have preserved meats either so I'm going to brine my own
chickens and maybe some ribs and do them in my smoker.

Susan

--
The alien who resides with you shall be to you as the citizen among
you; you shall love the alien as yourself, for you were aliens in the