[Magdalen] Princess Margaret, was Re: Hot in church tomorrow?

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Mon Jun 27 04:28:52 UTC 2016

In a message dated 6/26/2016 11:37:53 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
romanos at mindspring.com writes:

Since I have a stream of conscious mind, it brought to my mind  the
question of a Finnish Royal Family   >>>>>>>>

The Wikipedia blurb on this history is interesting.

Finland has existed historically as a pawn manipulated by Sweden and  by
Russia.  The excuse for the latest chapter in this was caused by  Finland's
initial support of the Axis side at the beginning of WW-2.  The Finns  took
this action in an attempt to rid themselves of the  overbearing/demanding
Russians.  The Finns later switched over to the Soviet Allied side,  but
the damage was done.  Russia grabbed the most northerly territory  of
Finland (the part that provided access to the Arctic Sea) and  occupied
the eastern Finnish provinces.  The Fino-Russian relationship is  a
delicate balancing act.

Historically, large chunks of Finland were de facto Sweden, and there  are
still about 10% of Finns whose native tongue is Swedish.  The
quintessential
Finnish composer, Jean Sibelius, was of that Swedish minority.

David S.