[Magdalen] Unbelievable appointment.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Wed Mar 2 04:40:05 UTC 2016

In a message dated 3/1/2016 11:25:59 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
mjl at ix.netcom.com writes:

What El  Nino events?  (He said, from a particularly central coast
perspective.)  We've got/had rain, but NOWHERE NEAR what we were afraid  we'd get.
We look at the sky and say, Scare us! Dammit!  Hell,  we've got high 70s
temps again.>>>>>>

I was wondering about that.  It appears that the Pacific Northwest  is
getting the usual rains, but they don't extend beyond Northern  California.

I do hope that the Sierras at least get enough snow for the start  of the
warm season.  It was so bad there that they were wondering  whether
the "Big Trees" (Sequiadendron giganteum) would pull through.
I think the Coastal Redwoods (Sequoia sempervirens) were in
better shape.  They derive a lot of moisture from fog anyway.

David Strang - who emptied the rain gage from the storm a week
ago.  We had 3.2" of wet stuff (rain), and fortunately not white  stuff.