[Magdalen] A Cranberry at Heart.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Fri Mar 4 04:05:00 UTC 2016

Surfing through some stuff today I came upon this blurb about my
home town in Wisconsin:

GRANTSBURG -- The Indian name was  "Kitchi-Maski-gimi-nika-ning" meaning
"at the great cranberry place."   Canute Anderson came to this area in 1851
and established the first post office  which was in his home.  He later built
a sawmill and laid out the village  site, naming it after General Ulysses S.
Grant who was popular at the time  because of his victory in the Battle of
Vicksburg. Grantsburg is located in  Grantsburg Township.

I've  always liked cranberries, and my grandfather fought in the
Battle  of Vicksburg.

David  Strang - From Kitchi-Maski-gimi-nika-ning which is
certainly  a lot more fun than Grantsburg.