[Magdalen] FBI - Louie Louie (The Song)

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sun Mar 6 05:09:10 UTC 2016

In a message dated 3/5/2016 10:44:07 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
houstonklr at gmail.com writes:

Thinking back to the spring of 1964 - can't believe this was  such a
priority
the spring we turned from advisors to warriors after 'the  Gulf of Tonkin'.
think that it really felt like things were falling  apart in the USA (kind
of
like  today?)>>>>>>>

I was in dermatology residency at the VAMC Minneapolis (a  UM-Minneapolis
hospital) when the Tonkin event occurred.  The three male residents  i
dermatology there all shook our heads and agreed that this was  serious,
and would draw us into a much wider war.  None of us wanted that, and  of
course we realized we'd be the first ones yanked into the Military to
provide
the medical services.  Luckily for me, I had good relations with my  county
draft board in Wisconsin, and I asked for, and they honored my request  to
finish my training in dermatology before being drafted (Whoops:   Volunteer
for a Commission),  After basic training at Ft. Sam Houston in San  Antonio,
TX, I was sent for more than three years to fight the war in Germany.

David Strang.