[Magdalen] I was in prison, and ....

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sat Mar 12 04:46:35 UTC 2016

oppenheimerjw at gmail.com> wrote:
> We have been simplifying  by going to restaurants.
>
> Max, our eldest and also non-hearing  cat, is presently appealing for
> another little something. He sets by  me, mews a little, and then rears up
> and waves his front paws at  me.  Sometimes, if he's able to get close, he
> will reach out and  touch my face with his paws.  This is a sign that I
need
> to stop  whatever I'm doing and
-->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I am generally not a cat person, but my partner took in a new kitty
recently.  The kitty was around long enough for me to develop  some
emotional attachment.  The kitty reciprocated by sleeping on my  lap
for much of the day.  The kitty and the dogs got long famously.

Then my partner adopted an African Gray Parrot, and the kitty was
banished to the basement because of the conflict.  There is  another
cat residing there, so it's not solitary confinement.

Still, I hear the kitty crying for attention which I can no longer  provide
since I don't do stairways any more.

Who'd have thought I'd be emotional about a cat?

And so it goes.

David Strang.