[Magdalen] Canonical residence

Christopher Hart cervus51 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 13 00:20:25 UTC 2016

Correct, Grace, and since we are a relatively large diocese (numerically,
although quite small geographically) we have a lot of retired clergy who
are canonically resident. Our canons provide that if both orders have at
least 2/3 present a simple majority in each is required to elect, but
failing that we need 2/3 in each order, hence the required numbers in this
election since we almost never have 2/3 of all eligible clergy present.

--

Christopher Hart