[Magdalen] Invites

Lynn Ronkainen houstonklr at gmail.com
Sun Mar 13 19:53:30 UTC 2016

Crappy was a popular word when I was growing up and it was used in much the way you describe Scott as an adjective. It was only when I went away to college that I realized it was euphemistically being used in place of S**t/y which, believe it or not, was a word unfamiliar to me until then.
Lynn

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 13, 2016, at 1:30 PM, Scott Knitter <scottknitter at gmail.com> wrote:

Reminds me of the U.K. use of "crap," similarly, to mean "ugly, cheap,
inadequate":

"The weather got very cold, and all I had with me was a crap nylon jacket."

> On Sun, Mar 13, 2016 at 1:23 PM, ME Michaud <michaudme at gmail.com> wrote:
> Just saw an article in the local paper that used "cliche" as an adjective.

In the USA I think "crap" is generally a noun; "crappy" is the
adjective. And it's bit ruder, veering toward potty terminology.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA