[Magdalen] Suture removal query.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Tue Mar 15 01:21:10 UTC 2016

In a message dated 3/14/2016 7:03:18 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
mjl at ix.netcom.com writes:

My  recent biopsy site has two sutures in it, and today marks a week.
Instruction is to remove them a week from today (my nurse friend will be doing
it).  But I'm curious:  if they stayed in longer than the instructed  two
weeks, there's no danger, is there?  The site is on my outer thigh  just
behind and above the  knee.>>>>>>

I always worried about the increased incidence of secondary infection
at the site.  That would be increased exponentially with increased  time to
removal of sutures.  Ditto with a foreign body reaction.  Two  weeks is a
bit long as it is.  I'd keep within their guidelines.

David Strang.