[Magdalen] Joan Baez

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Tue Mar 15 11:45:56 UTC 2016

In a message dated 3/15/2016 12:21:12 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
gracecan at gmail.com writes:

Yes  indeed, the round and be-domed auditorium in Old Cabell Hall on the
UVA
> campus is a great place to hear music.  I thought at first  that it was
too
> large for chamber music but that is not at all the  case.  We have heard
> some great music  there>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

There are now newer concert venues, but back in the day, the  classical
music concerts in Madison, WI were held at the Stock Pavilion on the
UW Farm Campus.  They'd clean the place up and put down fresh
straw, but you could always smell the manure.  Acoustically,  though,
it was Wisconsin's Carnegie Hall.

Nothing like Leonard Bernstein conducting the New York Philharmonic
Orchestra in the spot where cows are ordinarily paraded.

David Strang.....Remembering Babcock Hall ice cream, the edible
souvenir of the UW Farms:

http://www.wisconsinmade.com/babcock-hall-ice-cream.aspx